Volunteer and Networking Opportunities
Become an AWC Detroit Chapter volunteer!
Serving on a committee is a good way to meet other members, work on an interesting project, enhance personal/professional growth and add credentials to your portfolio. Please contact our administrative office at email@example.com to sign up for a committee or specific assignment.
As a professional sisterhood, our members come from all communications disciplines and backgrounds, working together to support opportunities for women to grow in the communications profession. Those organizations interested in collaborating with the Detroit Chapter of The Association for Women in Communications can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with request details.
- Meeting Planning – Identify topics and make arrangements for speakers, venues, catering, etc.
- Program Promotion – Prepare program invitation, meeting announcements, newsletter articles and social media posts. (See PR Committee for press releases.)
- Hospitality Team – Register and greet guests at meetings.
- Program Planning – Select keynote speaker and organize agenda.
- Venue – Select facility, menu and table arrangements; coordinate room set-up and equipment.
- Awards – Call for nominations; coordinate judging, notification and plaque presentation.
- Ticket Sales and Sponsorship – Solicit sponsorships, corporate tables and individual ticket sales.
- Silent Auction – Help secure donations, promote items and manage onsite event.
- Reunion – Organize, promote and secure reservations for reunion of past presidents, headliners and former members.
- Ambassador/Recruiter – Focus on your industry (healthcare, automotive, etc.) or your discipline (journalism, PR, marketing, graphic design, etc.) to bring in more members from your field.
- Prospect Coordinator – Follow up on inquiries and with prospects who attend AWC events.
- Alumni Liaison – Connect with the journalism, PR, communications or marketing department at your alma mater to promote participation in AWC programming and student membership.
- Member Retention – Encourage engagement and continuing involvement with AWC.
- Networking Facilitator – Help graduating seniors, new grads and young professionals get acquainted with AWC peers and experienced communicators.
- Branding and Graphic Design – Develop brand standards for our website and email marketing (newsletter and program announcements).
- Website Developer – Help with the redesign and enhancement of our chapter website.
- Social Media – Work with VP of Marketing to implement strategies across AWC’s Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts. Propose ideas and relevant content.
- Photo Editor – Select and post photos on our website galleries and homepage banner.
- Videographer/Photographer – Capture events for web and social media posting.
- Newsletter Contributors – Write member profile articles or cover events.
Members and future members can view our career listings
Marketing Coordinator—Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc., Bloomfield Hills, MI (August)
Direct of PR & Communications—Quicken Loans, Detroit, MI (August)
Senior Public Relations/Communications Manager—Creative Circle, Detroit, MI (August)
Vice President of Public Relations—Finn Partners Firm, Detroit, MI (August)
Internal Communications Specialist—Akebono Brake Corporation, Farmington Hills, MI (August)
Senior Specialist-Public Relations—Henry Ford Hospital, West Bloomfield, MI (August)
Outreach & Communications Specialist—University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (August)
Corporate Communication—Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI (August)
Communications Specialist/Receptionist—Henry Ford Village, Dearborn, MI (August)
Media Relations Director—Detroit Police Department, Detroit, MI (August)
Marketing Communications Coordinator—University of Michigan, Dearborn, MI (August)
Submit Career Listing
Members can post and manage career opportunities on our website. Future members may submit up to two postings at a time for $25.[/fusion_text]
Easily connect with our members for networking, business opportunities and more. Available to current members.