AWC Detroit is pleased to see Susan Ager on the list of Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame inductees for 2018. Best known for her 25 years at the Detroit Free Press, which included 16 years as a columnist, she earlier worked for the Associated Press in Lansing, Mich. and San Francisco, and at the San Jose Mercury News.
Automotive journalist John McElroy, WDET Detroit Public Radio news director Jerome Vaughn and CMU journalism professor Jim Wojcik also will be honored at the induction ceremony on April 15, 2018, at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center at Michigan State University.
As part of AWC’s mission to recognize the achievements of outstanding women, the Detroit Chapter takes an active role in identifying and nominating talented women journalists for this honor. Past inductees associated with AWC include:
- Crain’s Detroit Business Publisher Mary L. Kramer
- Recognized breast cancer author and retired Detroit Free Press reporter Patricia Anstett
- Former WXYZ-TV reporter and producer Cheryl Chodun
- TV sports broadcaster and women’s leadership author Anne Doyle
- Investigative journalist Nancy McCauley
- Celebrity photographer Linda Solomon
- Retired Detroit News reporter and crusader for women’s rights Mary Lou Butcher
- The late automobile journalist Julie Candler
Since 2006, freelance journalist and long-time AWC member Maureen McDonald has represented AWC Detroit on the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame nominating committee. Please send suggestions for future nominees to her at email@example.com. Also contact her for event information.