Name: Emily Shirden
Career: Emily has been with Finn Partners for more than half of her 15-year career in public relations. She relocated in 2014 from Chicago to help build the Detroit office for the firm, which has grown to include nearly 20 full-time communications professionals and local clients including some of the city’s most exciting projects and longstanding brands.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Indiana University
- Master in Business Administration, Michigan State University
What You Should Know:
Emily brings to her clients a wealth of experience across industries and has led award-winning digital communications work.
- Led a cross-office agency team working alongside Michigan’s largest health insurer as they communicated to consumers, businesses and other stakeholders through an unprecedented time of health insurance industry change.
- This integrated program across earned, owned and paid media channels touches tens of thousands of lives each day.
- Today Emily works with a mix of local Michigan companies and national health organizations on integrated public relations programs.
- Emily was acknowledged as a 2018 PM360 Elite Awards “PR Guru”.
I was asked to speak at an AWC event, Social Media for Business, last year. I was pleasantly surprised by the smart questions, passion and engagement of the group. I’m passionate about promoting the careers of women in communication and beyond – and ensuring that professionals both young and old stay connected to the newest platforms and channels.
- Family and hometown – Emily and her dog, Arlo, live in Ferndale.
- Interests – She enjoys cooking, winetasting and traveling.
- Causes/volunteer service – Emily is on the Board of Directors for Michigan State’s Executive MBA Alumni Association.