Name: Lydia Sanchez Merritt
Title: D2L & Curriculum Support Coordinator
Company/Employer: Michigan State University, Master of Public Health Program
Career: In my current position, I am responsible for course management and communications for the online Master of Public Health program at Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine in Flint, Michigan. I also manage social media and logistics for the marketing team with the Master of Public Health program. I have been teaching as an LEO Lecturer with the Nursing program at the University of Michigan-Flint since 2012 and continue to do so today.
- Master of Arts, Education Instructional Technology, 2011 Saginaw Valley State University.
- Master of Arts, Strategic Communications program, 2020 Michigan State University
- Bachelor Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, 2009 Davenport University
What You Should Know:
- Extreme Crafter
- Event Planning is my passion
- Lifelong Planner
- Friends come from far and wide for help with creative media! I love every minute of it.
AWC Focus: I found AWC when I was searching for women in communications! When our current recruiter left at MSU, I took over the social media and recruitment logistics for the program and I wanted to keep our following that had been built up. I also wanted to keep up on communicating not only with our base but also our target market! We all consider ourselves social media experts, but I knew there were communications we could and should have been using, but never did. I hope to learn a bit from the professionals I don’t have every-day contact with, but can connect with in AWC.
- Spouse, 6 children, 11 grandchildren
- Grew and remain in Imlay City, Michigan
- Interests: Women in Communication and Marketing!