Company/Employer: Self-employed; searching for my next adventure
Title: Fearless Communicator
Career: I’ve worked in communications/journalism for more than a decade. After spending seven years in the media sector, I joined Beaumont Health where I was initially assigned to Beaumont’s flagship hospital as a communications specialist. As the role evolved, I was tasked with writing for Beaumont’s top executives and leading internal communications projects aligned with Beaumont’s strategic plan. After nearly three years with Beaumont, my role was eliminated due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, I spend my time freelancing and searching for my next adventure.
Bachelor’s in English/Journalism from Madonna University, highest honors.
Expected Master’s in Strategic Communication from Michigan State University in 2021, specializing in Organizational and Leadership communications.
What You Should Know:
- Graduated from the Healthcare Leadership for Mass Casualty Incidents training through the FEMA Center for Domestic Preparedness in October 2019.
- Member of Kappa Gamma Pi, the National Catholic College Graduate Honor Society.
- Earhart Scholar Award for top graduate in the English/Journalism program at Madonna University.
- Specialties include: Executive Communications, Crisis Communications, Content Development and Editing, AP Style, Catholic News Style, Internal Communications, Interviewing/Gathering Information, Catholic and local journalism, Storytelling and Grammarian.
- Mentored through the Cornerstone Partner Morning program.
- Catholic writer for Catholic organizations throughout the USA.
AWC Focus: I learned about AWC through my former director at Beaumont Health. I joined with hopes of connecting with other female communicators. This is an opportunity for me to share my talents with and learn from those who are just as passionate about communications as I am. I would enjoy the opportunity to be actively involved with AWC.
Family and hometown – I live in Farmington Hills with my husband, Adam, and two daughters.
Interests – Creating and baking Hungarian desserts, CrossFit, traveling, raising two strong, independent girls, playing the piano and singing, gardening, softball, learning foreign languages
Causes/volunteer service –
- Advocate for children with special needs
- A Sugar Angel (cake designer) with Icing Smiles, a non-profit organization that provides celebratory cakes to families impacted by the critical illness of a child
- Raising funds for the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan and North Star Reach Camp
- Former volunteer with the March of Dimes
- Volunteer with various Catholic organizations
- T-ball coach