Career: I am a communications strategist with an extensive background in content strategy and digital marketing, as well as additional experience in event management. Currently, I’m the Content Strategist for SME, a nonprofit supporting the manufacturing industry. I’ve also served as adjunct faculty for seven years at Governors State University in the Chicagoland area, teaching interpersonal communications.
- Illinois State University, Master of Science in Communication (2011)
- Illinois State University, Bachelor of Arts in Communication (2009)
What you should know:
As Events Director for G3 Communications, I was responsible for event programming and content marketing for the B2B Marketing Exchange. I advanced this show from a 250-attendee, 20-sponsor, one-track program in 2013 to a 1200-attendee, 50-plus sponsor and 6-track show in 2018. This required creating and executing an extensive content strategy program for all marketing campaigns and delivering excellent communications to all staff, speakers, sponsors and attendees.
I learned about AWC as an active member of the student chapter of AWC at Illinois State University. Recently, I was encouraged by my current supervisor to join Detroit AWC as part of my 2020 work goals. I look forward to networking and volunteer opportunities.
- Family and/or hometown – I am originally from Chicago but moved to Detroit with my husband in June 2019. We live in downtown Detroit with our senior dog, Babe.
- General Interests – Urban exploration, documenting street art, travel, visiting museums, long walks and reading.
- Causes/volunteer service – #AdoptDontShop – advocate for animal adoption, particularly senior dogs.